One important part of our job as physical education teachers is to advocate for our programs. If I didn’t petition my administration and PTA for things that were above and beyond my “PE Budget” I wouldn’t have the “extras” in my program that have helped to make me a more effective educator.
A rule of thumb I try to follow when considering asking for something outside of my PE budget is to first, explain why I need this, and why I feel it will positively impact students”.
Below are some suggestions you can pitch when you’re asking your school administration/PTA/PTO to support you by purchasing this membership:
- It’s the perfect alternative when physical education professional or staff development is rarely or never offered in your area.
- It’s much cheaper than many other professional development options like courses and conferences.
- Having access to these physical education resources will enable you to become a more effective teacher and a more valuable asset to the school.
- Becoming a better educator will improve the outcomes of your students.
- With the help of this library of unit samples, lesson plans, games, activities, and behavior and classroom management strategies, you will be able to turn more of your attention and energy towards teaching your kids, instead of always worrying about what you’re teaching next.
I hope that by becoming a member you save a ton of preparation time, freeing you up to enjoy teaching and most importantly, impacting and encouraging your students to becoming self-motivated, life-long movers.